This policy covers employees, contracted workers, and visitors to Varel International Energy Services (VIES) facilities. It includes internal activities, and the products and services we provide to the market place. We will implement the VIES Supplier Code of Conduct to influence our suppliers to achieve the same standards.
VIES is committed to conduct its business in a manner that ensures that customer requirements are delivered in full and that all risks to people, property, and the environment are minimized. We are committed to:
- Fulfilling our charter that states, “Together We Will Find a Better Way.”
- Conducting our business in a manner that reduces harm to all people and the environment, with an ultimate goal of ZERO incidents.
- Providing superior quality customer service through continuous improvement strategies and conducting our business in a compliant, responsible, safe, and profitable manner.
EHS is the responsibility of management, with the active commitment and sustained support of all employees. VIES will facilitate this policy through an EHS Management System with the following commitments:
- All accidents are avoidable. There are no exceptions.
- We will establish EHS objectives with targets to evaluate results as we continuously strive to improve our performance.
- We will identify hazards and aspects; analyze their impacts on EHS performance, and implement controls to avoid losses or damage to people, environment, equipment, products, and assets.
- We will motivate, train, empower and engage our employees, customers, and contractors in our efforts relating to health, safety, and the environment.
- We will recognize outstanding EHS performance by our employees.
- We will aggressively pursue pollution prevention, energy conservation, wise use of natural resources, and waste reduction
- We will fully satisfy our customers by understanding their requirements and providing services, which consistently meet those expectations.
We are committed to the proactive integration of EHS objectives into our Management System at all levels. The commitments in this policy are in addition to our basic obligation to comply with standards of VIES, as well as all applicable laws and regulations where we operate. Compliance with this policy is critical to our business success because it reduces risk to our employees, the environment, and our associates while adding value to our products and service.